Carpenter Pencils: A Must Have In Your Bug Out Bag
Make sure you put a few carpenter pencils into your bug out bag. You never know when you are going to need to write something down and they will last a hell of a lot longer than your traditional pencil.
Here are some uses that you can get out of a carpenter pencil:
- Writing (duh)- Marking wood / logs for cutting
- Use to start a fire (make kindling or shavings with it)
- Use it as a ruler to measure things or draw straight lines
- Use it like a knife to spread things like grease, paste, food, etc.
- Use as a splint for your finger or wrist
- The graphite or lead is a dry lubricant and can be used to loosen up sticky locks
- Hold up your hair in a bun
- Chew them when you’re nervous
- Stab someone who is trying to attack you or take all of your survival supplies (just kidding – take them out with your AR-15 instead!)
I’m sure there are other uses that I haven’t listed here. If you have some more ideas please share them with us in the comments below!