Instant Oatmeal Packages: An Item For Your Bug Out Bag
Instant Oatmeal Packs – something that I never go without. Yeah I know, they don’t have all of the nutritional value that you would need, but in an emergency situation if it’s all you have, it’s better than nothing at all. Best of all, they keep for at least a year if not more since all the contents are dried and sealed in the pack.
Instant Oatmeal Packs Are:
- Lightweight. With some foods, you’re carrying around a lot of extra weight in the form of liquid. Not with instant oatmeal. It’s lightweight and easy to carry.
- Nutritious. One packet of instant oatmeal contains 20% of most of the FDA’s Recommended Daily Allowance of vitamins and minerals like Vitamin A, Iron, and Folic Acid. (Not that I put a lot of stock in the FDA’s recommendations, but that’s another story.)
- Servings. Since instant oatmeal is packaged in individual servings, it’s easy to carry and use only what you need.
- Preparation. It’s easy to make instant oatmeal. If you can boil water, you can make instant oatmeal.
- Packaging. The packaging is flammable. That can come in handy when you are trying to start a fire in the wilderness