Zip Ties: An Item For Your Bug Out Bag
Zip ties or cable ties are a very useful thing to have in your home and in your bug out bag. You never know when you’ll need to fasten something, strap something down or tie someone up! They have a million uses, are lightweight, and cheap. Your best bet is to get the black ones as white or multi colored ties weaken when exposed to sunlight for long periods of time. Also, make sure you have different sizes with you in your pack.
Here are some survival uses for zip ties:
- Secure a tent or tarp
- Use them to handcuff someone
- Secure your pants or shirt if a button falls off
- Hold your hair in a ponytail if you have no elastics
- Allows for one-handed fastening
- Hold a splint in place on an injury
- Hold wooden poles or small logs together when making a survival shelter
What else have you used cable ties for? Let us know in the comments below!